We have the capability to carry out surveys and inspections across sites ranging from small units to 258m masts and towers.
RF transmission chain consultancy, site inspection and audit, structural assessment, works planning, antenna performance and coverage analysis.
Passive InterModulation testing, also known as PIM is a specific test that we carry out on behalf of our customers to test the quality of legacy of newly installed feeder systems.
Safe to Climb certificates and reports produced for our customers.
Communications structures such as masts and towers present some very specific challenges when compared to other rigging services. In addition to the live RF and electrical hazard, they need experts who understand how RF transmission works.
- Turnkey Telecommunication/Broadcast rooftop and green field site installation and decommissioning
- PCN & Broadcast Rigging Services
- Bespoke steelwork fabrication and installation
- Lifting and Haulage
- Electrical installation and maintenance
- Tower painting
- Tower Strengthening
Our expert design and install engineers are able to supply off the shelf and bespoke steelwork.
This includes dish and antenna mounts designed to install on towers and monopoles. For rooftops this comes in the form of wall mounted or quad pod or tripod configurations. These are usually climbable and we install the required climbing/fall arrest system for which we hold the suppliers installation accreditation.
We are accredited to manufacture and supply the Extensis range of cable management systems approved by BT reach for use on BT telephone exchange buildings.
Our electrical and specialist access teams are experienced in the design, installation and test of Lightning Protection systems, bonding into the existing system or installing a new complete earthing system.
We have in house civils teams that are managed by our civils manager who are highly experienced in the excavation and construction of new bases for cabins, towers and all ducting for power.
- Sites can be completed with compound fences and finishes
- Planting schemes can be implemented upon request
- Full data sheets for the supplied concrete mix will be made available to customers
- Our teams are trained to operate plant up to 25 tonne excavators so are able to carry out the decommission of large bases
Virtua help customers identify equipment that is no longer required and develop safe and cost effective plans for disposal. This varies from an equipment only removal of antennas and feeders, leaving cabinets in situ and the remainder of the site, to a full decommission where we will remove the antennas, feeders and dishes, down to removal of the structure itself.
- Fully trained and equipped civils crew
- Environment can be reinstate back to its original condition, ie. Grass land.
- Management of disposal process
- Compliant with all government legislation Reusable or marketable assets are recovered for storage or resale
- Where one system is being replaced with another, we work with customers to ensure switch over occurs smoothly with minimal disruption.
We were contracted by Arqiva to install a new main antenna, feeder and structural damper system on top of the iconic Croydon TV tower. The new antenna system was to provide a full disaster-recovery capability in the event of major service disruption at Croydon’s famous sister site, Crystal Palace. This would affect a very significant proportion of London’s population.
- Major upgrade of the Arqiva tower
- 153m tower providing digital television services
- Entire top section of tower removed and replaced with new antenna structure
- Over 3 tonnes of feeder cable
- The first time a helicopter was used for the UK’s transmission structures
WATCH THE VIDEO CASE STUDY